Graduate Drainage & Infrastructure Engineer
Location – Peterborough
Are you a recent University Graduate looking for the next step in your career or a Graduate Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for a Graduate Drainage & Infrastructure Engineer to accompany our team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects. You will have a large involvement in both new build and refurbishment projects, working from early planning to end delivery phase.
Role and responsibilities
- Apply Eurocodes, British Standards, current Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations, and other design codes/information as appropriate.
- Willingness to gain a technical understanding and gain design experience on matters of estate infrastructure, roads, and drainage design.
- Willingness to gain experience of S38, S278 and S104 applications, flood risk assessments and drainage strategies,
- Familiarity of AutoCAD and MicroDrainage/FLOW, PDS and Civil 3D is desirable, but not essential
- Manage own time sufficiently to ensure project work is delivered in a timely manner.
- Be cooperative in relation to problem solving issues.
- Undertake thorough site investigations, complete inspections, identify potential issues, and solve problems.
- Support other Team Members in management of resources to ensure successful outcomes.
- Represent the company at meetings of the design team as required.
- Support Senior staff to develop realistic and competitive fee proposals for future work.
- Contribute to business development activities and marketing as required for the benefit of Stirling Maynard.
- Undertake appropriate Continuing Professional Development and maintain CPD records in accordance with the requirements of the Institution of Structural Engineers and/or the Institution of Civil Engineers.
We are a unique business that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 22.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Christmas and January bonuses subject to business performance
- 4% Pension contribution (i.e. 1% above statutory requirements)
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Payment of your first application for Chartership with a recognised Professional Institution.
- Agile working.
- Free eye test.
- Branded PPE.
- Sport & Social Events Committee.
- Welcome pack (personal shell jacket and fleece etc.).
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment.