IBA Plant Ferrybridge
Posted on: 23rd of February 2022
Blue Phoenix processes incinerated bottom ash (IBA) obtained from power stations into aggregate IBAA used in the construction industry. Blue Phoenix acquired a site adjacent to the Ferrybridge power station, West Yorkshire and appointed Stirling Maynard to provided Civil and Structural design services for the provision of:
- A 37,000m2 flat pad of Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) to store raw IBA and processed IBAA.
- Steel portal frame building with metal sheet cladding incorporating offices and Welfare facilities and to house the material processing equipment.
- Design of surface water drainage and water storage attenuation tank.
- Design of reinforced concrete material pens and retaining wall
- Lead technical designer
- Principal Designer role under CDM Regulations