Peterborough Regional College ERG Project
Posted on: 4th of March 2022
This BREEAM Excellent rated project comprised five separate buildings on the college campus, all of which involved connections and complicated interfaces with the existing buildings. The project comprised provision of Civil and Structural Consultancy services through RIBA Stages 1 to 6.
Duties undertaken by Stirling Maynard included:
- Evaluation of design options and input into Value Engineering exercises
- Preparation of Site Investigation Briefs for intrusive exploratory works, drainage and topographical and geotechnical investigation.
- BREEAM duties including Flood Risk Assessment.
- Detailed Civil and Structural Engineering design and specification services including:
- Reinforced concrete foundations, ground slabs and first floor composite slabs
- Structural steelwork, masonry and timber carcassing
- Below-ground foul and surface water drainage, including attenuation systems
- External works, general paving and permeable paving.